Monday, June 21, 2004

Keep your mouth shut

Seriously, Why do people talk about stuff they should not. Is it a flaw in our DNA? I am not saying I am not guilty of spilling the beans when I should have known better. What I am saying is if your going to spill the "proverbial" beans at least be accurate about it. I know everybody has their own view of the world through whatever shade of glasses that works for them. But when you start making up stories and spinning the truth to make your self look better it really just makes you look like a total ass and more importantly decreases your positive Karma.

Let talk about Dan Hicks and Johnny Miller. If you don't know who they are then you did not watch last weekends 104th U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills. I enjoy watching golf and the tournament was exciting. The course was in really tough shape over the weekend and there were some stellar save shots for par. But what really pissed me off is that they had two monkeys commentating. It was not that these guys were boring, they were just total and complete imbeciles. They would contradict themselves all the time and make stupid comments about whether it was a good lie or not. Sometimes they would totally misinform the viewer about one thing or another and then not correct it or actually correct with wrong information. Seriously these guys should be fired. Where is Feherty and Kostis. Oh yea over at the network that actually knows how to broadcast golf. And another thing NBC had Bob Costas MCing Saturday and Sunday. Now don't get me wrong Bob is the man when it comes to sports broadcasting and commenting especially for Basketball, and Baseball. He's even great with football on HBO's Inside the NFL. But he knows and probably cares even less about Golf, and that really came through in the the broadcast the weekend. NBC did a horrible job and should be banned by the USGA from ever broadcasting another PGA event and definitely not another major.

Fathers Day.

My family and I had a wonderful fathers day weekend. I got some really great gifts. Some of which are appropriate to talk about here and others are not. I can talk about my new MaxFli Golf bag. It is awesome. It has a really sturdy stand and plenty of pockets but only weighs 4.5 pounds. My other bag was falling apart. Now I can start walking the course instead of riding which will save me tons of cash.

We did a sexy photoshoot over the weekend with some of my new presents. Which weren't really for me but I am going to enjoy them immensely. Anyway in our brilliance we decided to use some self tanner to make the pics come our better. Just a pointer here if you ever plan on doing this "wear gloves". My hands look like they have leprosy and are about the fall off. I had to tell everyone at the party we went too over the weekend that I stained my deck and spilled some all over. But everyone knows it's self tanner and I totally got bullshit called on me. But the tanner stuff works great and the wife is now officially smoking hot and I have the pictures to prove it. We spent a considerable amount of time in the sack. This was thanks to my Mom for taking the kids overnight Saturday night from 5:00pm until 11:00 am Sunday morning. Seriously there is nothing better than being together with someone for over six years and still being so in love that all either of you wants to do is go for a romp in the haystack at every possible opportunity.

I lost a bet over the weekend I bet my brother dinner at Outback that I could beat him by 7 strokes over 9 holes. I know this is a bad bet but if I don't give him a chance he won't bet at all. I only missed the bet by one stroke. I shot 2 doubles in a row and missed a couple of short puts. I am a horrible gambler I almost never lose at golf on the outright score but I always bet myself into a corner and lose money. I need some gambling lessons.

Once again I can't end this properly so.

Fuck off

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com