Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Living with American Beauty

So I rewatched American Beauty the movie. Every time I see it I get the most clear cut picture of life and how we live it. We worry about about our jobs and our kids and our wives and pretty much anything that can get worried about gets worried about. This movie brings to mind the saying of

"Get busy living or Get busy dying". This is why it is such a great movie because finally after however many years this guy starts getting busy living only to end up to actually dying which really sucks becuase I love Kevin Spacey. I am a firm believer in living life for life not for somebody or something else but for yourself or better yet for the ones you love. The deepest most content feeling for me is when my passion, want and/or need is genuinely centered around other people and how I can interact with them to make everyone's life more livable.

Too many people take life so seriously and just cant relax, take a step back, survey the land and take the next step toward living. (However try to avoid getting shot by a loved one it kind of hurts. ask Kevin)

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com